CSE Strong: Orientation 2015
DAY 1 – WEDNESDAY – August 19, 2015
- 8:30am – 12:15pm: Orientation Check-In
Welcome to Orientation 2015! New Students will check-in at the Gymnasium of Saint Joseph Hall.
Resident students can then proceed to their Residence Hall to check-in and move-in. Commuters who are staying with us during the Orientation can also proceed to the Residence Halls to check-in and move-in. If you are not moving in, feel free to tour the campus, visit the bookstore or head right to lunch.
- 8:30am – 12:15pm: College Services
Several College Offices will be available during check-in at the Gym to answer questions and welcome new students and families to the College. Some of the offices that will be present include Health Services, Financial Aid, the Business Office, Technology Services, and Food Services.
- 9:00am – 12:00pm: ID Photos
This is your only chance during Orientation to get your CSE ID card.
- 11:00am – 12:45pm: Lunch
Getting hungry? Join us in Rose Dining Room in Saint Joseph Hall for lunch. Family and friends are welcome!
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm: Session for All Commuters
We have designed a session specifically for our new Commuter Students and their families. Join us in Café Jose on the Lower Level of Saint Joseph Hall. Feel free to bring your lunch to the session!
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Welcome Session
Your official Orientation welcome will take place in the Greek Theater. Everyone is invited to attend!
(Rain Location: Dolan Performance Hall, Annunciation Center)
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm: Parent Orientation
Parents and family members please join us in Dolan Performance Hall in the Annunciation Center for a special session designed just for you.
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm: Session for Transfer Students
You will be meeting in Ward Dining Room in Saint Joseph Hall for a session addressing the specific needs of our new Transfer Students.
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm: Session for First-Year Students
Follow our CSE Orientation Leaders (called Team GOLD) to the Gym and get ready for some fun!
- 3:30pm – 5:00pm: Academic Convocation
A traditional campus event for all first-time CSE students, the Academic Convocation marks and celebrates the mutual commitment of student and community in their new shared life at the College of Saint Elizabeth. All are welcome to join us in Dolan Performance Hall for this memorable event!
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm: Parents, Family Members, and Friends Depart Campus
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm: Dinner
Students will rejoin their Teams in Rose Dining Hall.
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Team Projects
It's time for you to leave your mark! Head to McGuire Lounge in Saint Joseph Hall to work on your Team Project! It's one of the best aspects of Orientation!
- 8:00pm – Residence Life Session for Residents and Commuters Staying Over
If you're a Resident, or a Commuter who's staying on campus during Orientation, you must attend the session being held on your residential floor!
- 8:00pm – Commuters Depart Campus
Commuters not staying overnight are free to depart campus and we will see you tomorrow!
DAY 2 – THURSDAY – August 20, 2015
- 9:00am – 9:30am: Evacuation Drill
Resident students and commuters staying over must participate in this quick Evacuation Drill. You'll join your floors at the designated meeting spots reviewed by the Community Assistants last night at the Residence Life Session.
- 9:30am – 10:00am: Breakfast
- 10:00am – 3:30pm: The "Spirit of New Jersey" Boat Cruise w/ Lunch
Bring your dancing shoes and get ready for a cruise around Manhattan. While aboard, you will enjoy music, lunch, and dancing. Don't forget to bring your camera so you can capture pictures of the amazing views from the top deck. The buses leave promptly from the parking lot in Saint Joseph Hall.
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Emergency Preparedness
Join the Residence Life Staff for this fun and interactive session in Dolan Performance Hall that will provide you with vital safety information.
- 5:15pm – 6:00pm: Dinner
- 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Pathways to Success
Report to the Annunciation Center and learn strategies and techniques for being a successful CSE student.
- 8:00pm: Ice cream Social and Team Projects
Your Student Government Association (SGA) will be welcoming you in Rose Dining Hall with a sweet treat and your team will have its last chance to finish your project.
DAY 3 – FRIDAY – August 21, 2015
- 9:00am – 9:30am: Breakfast
- 9:45am – 11:00am: SAP Programs
In Dolan Performance Hall, you will learn how to live your life in healthy and successful ways with the help of our health professionals and resources.
- 11:00am – 12:30pm: Academic Preparedness
CSE faculty members will join us in Dolan Performance Hall to help you develop academic skills to ensure your success in the classroom. Transfer Students will have a special session with the Director of Career Services during this time.
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm: Final Team Gatherings
Meet your Team GOLD Leaders in McGuire Lounge and get ready for your Team presentation. This will be your last chance to practice before the big reveal of your project.
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm: Final Luncheon/ Presentations
It's time to come together one last time in Rose Dining Hall for the presentation of your Team Project and for our final lunch.
Don't miss all the exciting opportunities we have in store for you this year! Below are a few upcoming events, but make sure to read your emails and be on the lookout for flyers for future activities!
- "So You Want to Work On Campus" Workshop – Friday, August 21: 4:00pm-5:00pm, Henderson Hall Computer Lab Room 21
- Opening Mass – Monday, August 24: 12:00pm, Holy Family Chapel
- Welcome Back BBQ – Monday, August 24: 4:00pm-7:00pm, Greek Theater
- Welcome Week – Monday, August 24 through Friday, August 28: enjoy a week full of fun activities to get the semester started right! Be on the lookout for Welcome Week flyers and emails.
- E.A.G.L.E.S. Fair – Thursday, September 3: 11:00am-1:00pm, McGuire Lounge. Join us at the fair to discover on and off-campus opportunities.
Register for Orientation