Continuing Studies student Juan Diaz is a dedicated registered nurse. Working in the sub-acute unit at Merry Heart Assisted Living Center in Succasunna, N.J., this former Marine offers his skills from his time in the military, his RN degree and now his RN to BSN classes at CSE.
Read Juan's Story
The Nursing program at the College of Saint Elizabeth is committed to educating registered nurses through scholarship and critical inquiry to become leaders in the spirit of service and social responsibility. We offer a variety of degrees and certificates that prepare nurses to promote, maintain and restore health to patients and educate future nurses. Classes are held at our home campus and in a number of regional health centers and fit a professional work schedule.
The Nursing Program is accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing (124 Halsey Street, Newark, NJ 07102 – 973-504-6430) and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000).
1. Part-time and full-time studies to fit in a busy working schedule, with accelerated sessions
2. Onsite and offsite classes at facilities such as St. Joseph and St. Mary hospitals
3. Students and faculty work together to determine individual clinical study
1. Prepares students to be a nursing educator at the cutting edge of the field
2. Focus on curriculum development and evaluation, and on educational theory
3. Integrate spiritual, social and ethical values in your philosophy as a nurse educator
1. Gain valuable background in the field while you specialize
2. Many courses are at local hospitals and designed to fit a professional schedule
3. Learn to integrate scholarly inquiry and research into evidence-based practice
"I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone. I started out working in the Catholic camps teaching English to five and six-year-olds. I would ask the patients about their symptoms, then record them on any scrap I could find."
– Nikkalyn Lee '14, M.S.N.
Interim Nursing Administrator
Henderson Hall 215 E
Henderson Hall 215B
Henderson Hall 215I
Henderson Hall 215G
Henderson Hall 215A
Henderson Hall 215 F
Henderson Hall 215D