- Nearly 30 full text, peer-reviewed food science & nutrition journals, covering topics like food processing and engineering, nutritional policies and nutrition biochemistry. For an original (primary) research study article, click the checkbox for 'Article' under the Limit by Document Type section.
- Search 21 million records covering medical literature (including nutrition) from 1948-Present. Limited full text. Also available from Ebsco. (Ebsco version has date coverage from 1948-Present as well, and may be easier to use in terms of linking to full text.)
Other Relevant Databases
2,200 journals covering the agricultural sciences, including food science and human nutrition. Full text not included, but may be available through other sources.
- Biological & Agricultural Index Plus (OmniFile)
Indexes popular and professional scientific journals in biology, animal sciences, agriculture, horticulture, food sciences, nutrition, etc.
- ProQuest Health & Medicine Databases
Search the health and medical journals within ProQuest databases, including Research Library, Physical Education Index, and Dissertations & Theses.
Health Reference Center: Nutrition
- Nutrition & Well-Being, A-Z
- AgEcon Search: Research in Agricultural and Applied Economics
Free, open access repository of full-text scholarly articles covering topics like food consumption, nutrition, food safety, food policy, agribusiness, poverty, and health economics.
- BioMed Central
Open access journal articles covering diabetes and other medical conditions, nutrition, lipids, and metabolism. Free registration required.
- AGRIS Search
Open database of literature related to agriculture and human nutrition from 1975 to the present. Material includes citations from scientific journals as well as unique grey literature such as unpublished scientific and technical reports, theses, conference papers, government publications, and more. Some full text is linked. Use the Advanced Search tab and click 'Add to Search' next to the limiter labeled 'Filter records that contain explicit links to the full text.' This will limit your results to those that offer full text.
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture
Courtesy of Cornell University, this digitized collection includes select titles historically important to the fields of agriculture, food science, and human nutrition, published between 1800 and 2000.
(based on style used by National Library of Medicine databases)
Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
(based on American Medical Association Style)
Books on nutrition have call numbers in the 610's and 640's. Reference books are on the main floor in the Reference Room. All other nutrition books are located on the upper level, left side.