Skip to main content
International and Multicultural Affairs - Prospective Students - I20 Application - College of Saint Elizabeth
Main Menu
Additional Menu

Prospective Students - I20 Application

A Form I-20 is a government document on which the College of Saint Elizabeth certifies to the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 student status.

You need a Form I-20 to obtain an F-1 student visa, to gain F-1 status, or to keep lawful F-1 status when transferring or changing schools within the United States.

How to Get a Form I-20

Use the "Cost Estimator" worksheet to figure out the annual cost to attend the College of Saint Elizabeth.

You should budget at least 10% more than the annual cost. You should also expect an annual 5% increase in tuition and cost of living.

U.S. law requires that you prove that you can support your estimated annual costs for EVERY YEAR of your program of study. (A bachelor's degree requires 4 years of full-time study and a master's degree requires from 2 to 3 years of study.) In order to do this you must show that you have:

Below are the ways in which you may financially support your education. Your financial support can come from any combination of the sources explained below.

Personal Funds

These funds come only from your own income and resources. These are not funds given to you by another person.

Funds from the College of Saint Elizabeth

These funds can be scholarships or, for members of Religious Communities, tuition reduction. If you have been informed that you are eligible for a scholarship or tuition discount from the College of Saint Elizabeth, enter the amount for which you are eligible. We must have a copy of this award letter on file.

Funds from Sponsors

Sponsors can be anyone, such as your parents, other relatives, friends, or an organization. You may have as many sponsors as you need. It is highly recommended that at least part of your financial support come from your home country. Otherwise, obtaining a visa may prove difficult. A sponsor should promise ONLY as much money as they are able to give you. A sponsor may provide you with support in the form of cash and/or free room and board. Free room and board is when you live with someone and don't have to pay or work for your housing or food.

Each sponsor providing cash support must give us all the following documents to prove financial responsibility.

You must provide us with documentation to prove that you have enough financial support. All documents must be current and in English. Please send us original documents only, not faxes or photocopies. Keep a set of originals for yourself, too; you will need them when you apply for your visa. The following is a list of the appropriate documents to send. Send some or all of these, whatever is appropriate.

Free Room and Board from a Sponsor

A sponsor who is providing you with free room and board must provide all of the following evidence of financial ability.

Transferring Your I-20 to CSE

If you wish to transfer from your current American school to CSE, please print and fill out the form below.

Give it to the International Student Office at your current American school, and ask them to mail or fax it directly to us. Please also do this if you entered the USA on another school's I-20 for their summer intensive English program.

Who We Are

Founded in 1899 by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, the College of Saint Elizabeth has a strong tradition of concern for the poor, for developing leadership in a spirit of service and social responsibility, and a commitment to the promotion of women as full partners in society.

Learn More About CSE
Take a Virtual Tour
Visit SOC Website

College of Saint Elizabeth
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ 07960-6989

© 2018 College of Saint Elizabeth