Health Services - Health Information Links and Hotlines
Self Care Guide
– Published by the American Institute for Preventative Medicine
- This guide is a resource for general medical information and preventative health care information.
- Students can use this guide to identify signs, symptoms, and causes.
- It provides students with a list of questions they should ask their healthcare provider.
- It provides possible treatment options.
- Some topics that can be found in the Self Care Guide are:
- Cold and Flu
- Sore Throat
- Abdominal Pain
- Allergies and Asthma
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Eating Well
1-877-643-5130; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (only available for students covered under United Healthcare Insurance)
Collegiate Assistance Program
The Collegiate Assistance Program can give you information and support when you:
- Aren't sure if you have a serious medical problem
- Want to learn how to take care of a new or chronic condition
- Need information about medications, tests, or procedures
- Want to find ways to talk effectively with your health care provider
- Have questions about how to stay healthy
- Navigate college preparation, admission, and financing process
- Non-clinical issues, such as mounting credit card debt, divorce, child custody matters, and shelter from abusive relationships
- Facing stressful or emotional issue
– Morristown Memorial Hospital online resource for answering health questions
TeenHealthFX.com is your online resource for any and all questions regarding your health, your relationships and your body. While this site is informative, it's not a substitute for talking to your doctor and your parents.
Colds and Flu
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Women & Nutrition
General Health Information
Drugs and Alcohol