Patricia Schall, Ph.D.
Phone: (973) 290-4320
Office: Santa Maria Hall 22C
Joseph Ciccone, Ed.D.
Phone: (973) 290-4383
Office: Santa Rita Hall 402
For over a century, the College of Saint Elizabeth has been known as a leader in teacher education. Our program is intended to prepare competent, caring, responsible educators who emerge as empowered leaders in their profession. The program stays abreast of state and national certification requirements, and fulfills the expectations of regional and national accrediting bodies to offer undergraduate and graduate degrees and a wide variety of teaching certificates.
1. Includes three NJ certifications, with possibility to test into a fourth
2. Prepares teachers for 21st Century teaching and learning
3. Experienced, successful and supportive faculty with years in the classroom
1. Flexible schedules
2. Cohort-based programs build community among students
3. Courses can count toward an M.A. in Education at CSE
1. Designed to enhance elementary and middle school teachers' science content knowledge
2. Improves the teaching of science at the elementary level
3. Provides a path to middle school science certification (NJ Middle School Endorsement in Science, Grades 5-8) for those candidates who complete the course requirements and pass the Middle School Science Praxis Exam (Praxis II Science Test #0439).
1. Prepares students to teach in self-contained special education classes in all settings
2. Highly recommended by the NJ Department of Education for all educators
3. Liberal arts approach instills dignity and respect for all students
1. Complete a seamless transition from undergraduate to graduate work while becoming fully prepared for your role as an educator
2. Earn your Master's faster and benefit from financial savings
3. Enter the workplace at a distinct advantage in preparation and advanced learning
1. Choice of two areas: Emphasis in Special Education; M.A. with ACT certification
2. Flexibility for various ACT certifications
3. Eligibility for teaching in NJ schools
1. Cohort-based program with a two-year timeframe; classes are offsite
2. Graduates are readied for leadership roles with students, parents and faculty
3. Includes an administrative internship experience and research project
1. Prepares educators for a role as a School Administrator
2. Cohorts work collaboratively and meet at times convenient to working professionals
3. Program is aligned with the NJ Professional Standards for School Leaders (NJPSSL)
1. Prepares educators for a modern classroom
2. Includes field experience in Assistive Technology
3. Can be specialized for Assistive Technology in Special Education
1. Enables practicing teachers and student teachers to meet mandates for teaching about the Holocaust and genocide
2. Enables professionals employed in related private organizations to strengthen their knowledge and expertise in this topic
3. Provides opportunities for study of the Holocaust and genocide
"Do your research to make an educated decision. Visit the campus and speak to the students and teachers. Be honest with yourself. At CSE, you will never be a number."
– Avelyn Jackson, '15