Connecting to the CSE Wireless Network (Macintosh)
Important note: If you plan to use your laptop's wired (Ethernet) interface for network access in the dorms, we strongly recommend that you configure and activate the wired network interface first.
Basic Requirements for Successful Connection
- These instructions are written for Mac OSX v. 10.8 (Mountain Lion), the recommended Operating System for Apple computers at the College of Saint Elizabeth.
- Your computer must have an AirPort compatible wireless card.
- To activate your laptop's wireless access you must be in an area of the CSE campus with wireless service.
- You will need Your CSE Account username and password to log onto the network.
To make sure your laptop meets requirements:
- Remove the Ethernet cable if one is plugged into your laptop.
- Make sure you are currently in an area of the CSE campus with wireless network service.
If you have already followed the instructions in Part 2 at least once, you can proceed to Part C.
To configure and enable the wireless network connection:
- Locate the AirPort status icon in the Menu bar, located in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The AirPort status icon allows you to select a wireless network, turn the AirPort wireless card On or Off, and offers a way to open the Internet Connect utility.
- Click on the AirPort status icon and select CSE (refer to Figure 1).
- A login box will appear momentarily. Enter Your CSE Account username and password and click OK (refer to Figure 2).
- If you are prompted to accept a certificate, click on Show Certificate (refer to Figure 3).
- Check Always trust these certificates and click Continue.
- SUCCESS! You can now browse the Internet.
- Students: You can bring your laptops to Henderson Hall 209 or call x4022. A Lab Aide will be available to assist you.
- Faculty and Staff: Please contact the Help Desk at x4015 or email@example.com for further assistance.
- View FAQs for more instructions.