Father Hubert Jurjewicz, a Polish born priest, recently graduated from the College's doctoral program in counseling psychology.
"For me, studying opens new doors," he says. "I don't spend my time watching TV, I've never been good at sports, and I like to study and do something productive. It's how I relax."
Father jurjewicz believes that God's work and psychology are inherently linked, and an advanced degree will benefit his work with parishioners.
Read Father Hubert's Story
The Psychology department offers undergraduate, master's and doctoral degrees, with specializations in Counseling Psychology. Students gain a greater understanding of human behavior, the role of psychology in everyday life, and the importance of social justice within the human condition. Programs feature close professional relationships with professors and a supportive environment.
1. Students design and conduct original research studies and present their findings at local and national conferences.
2. Students attain internships at places like Jersey Battered Women's Service, NJ AIDS Services and Avenel STU.
3. CSE has an on-campus chapter of Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology.
1. Close, ongoing professional relationships with dedicated faculty.
2. Experienced guidance and support through your research and thesis.
3. Proximity to major metropolitan area, with multiple research sites and institutions.
1. A mental health specialization meets the educational requirements for licensure as a professional counselor in New Jersey.
2. A school counseling specialization meets the educational requirements for certification as a School Counselor in New Jersey.
3. A counseling psychology specialization prepares students to apply for doctoral training in Psychology.
1. The Combined Baccalaureate to Master's Degree Program enables highly motivated undergraduate students to transition into the 30 credit M.A. in Counseling Psychology program while still completing the College's baccalaureate program.
2. The Combined Degree program allows students planning to apply to doctoral programs or who want to utilize psychology for personal enrichment, to improve their professional life, and/or realize future career potential, to complete a seamless transition from undergraduate to graduate work.
3. Students completing the Combined Degree would be eligible to apply for admission to our Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology doctoral program.
Henderson Hall 222E
Director, Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology
Henderson Hall 222D
Henderson Hall 217
Henderson Hall 222B
Director, M.A. Programs
Henderson Hall 222C
Santa Maria Hall 43