- Search nearly 3,000 journals in nursing and allied health. Contains full text for approximately 600 journals, though additional full text may be available in other databases.
- Search nearly 17 million records covering medical literature from 1948-Present. Some full text. Public version available via National Library of Medicine.
Other Relevant Databases
- Science Direct
Full text access to hundreds of scholarly nursing and medical journals.
- Journals @ Ovid
Full text access to 18 peer-reviewed journals covering nursing administration, nursing education, and nursing research. Includes American Journal of Nursing. Also includes full text back issues for 50+ medical journals.
- ProQuest Research Library: Health & Medicine
This subset of the ProQuest Research Library database includes journals that cover nursing, allied health, medicine, and pharmacology.
- Google Scholar
Google's Scholar search can be useful for identifying relevant articles, though the full text may not be readily available. Use Online & Print Journals to determine if we have access to a particular journal.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (Ebsco)
Over 400 full text, peer-reviewed journals in nursing and medicine.
- Lexis Nexis Academic
Newspapers and trade magazines covering health and medical care, and the legal aspects of medicine.
- Physical Education Index (ProQuest)
Abstracts to sports medicine, health education and physical therapy journal articles.
- PubMed Central
Free digital archive to biomedical and life sciences research from the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- BioMed Central
198 peer-reviewed, open access journals in biomedical literature. Free registration required.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Over 1 million downloadable full text dissertations and theses, covering a wide range of graduate research topics, including nursing.
APA Style (Mahoney Library)
APA Manual (REF 808 A639e 2010)
Guide to Electronic References (REF 808 A639e 2007)
GST605 Nursing Research (PPTX) - Amy Schleigh Hayes
Graduate Research Writing - Dr. Kathleen Hunter
Books on nursing, health and medicine have call numbers in the 610-619 range. Reference books are on the main floor in the Reference Room. All other nursing books are on the upper floor, left side.