- Plot summaries and work overviews, author biographies, critical essays, over 630,000 book reviews, plus 90,000 full text poems, short stories and classic texts. Includes the entire Masterplots and Masterplots II series. From EBSCOhost.
- Author biographies, work overviews, literary criticism essays, literary timeline, plus good coverage of literary themes and movements. From Facts on File.
Other Relevant Databases
- Omnifile Full Text Mega
Multidisciplinary database offering full text for 2300 journals and magazines. Strong coverage in the humanities.
- ProQuest Research Library: Literature & Language
Database that covers publications on literature and language for researchers of all levels.
Searchable inventory of publications in post-secondary composition, rhetoric, technical writing, ESL, and discourse studies, dating from 1939 to present. Full text not included, but may be available through other sources.
- Language & Linguistic Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
Database providing indexing and abstracts for international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Over 750,000 downloadable full text dissertations and theses, covering a wide range of graduate research topics, including literature and composition.
Additional Sources for Book Reviews
- Book Review Digest (1925-2002), REF 016 B64 INDEX*
- Book Review Index (1965-1991), REF 016 B645 INDEX*
- Columbia Granger's Index to Poetry in Anthologies, REF 808.81 G758
- Ottemiller's Index to Plays in Collections, REF 016.80882 OT8
- Play Index, REF 016.80882 W35P7 INDEX*
- Short Story Index, REF 016.8 Sh81 INDEX*
Items marked INDEX* are located on the short shelves at front of Reference Room.