Graduates of the M.A. in Educational Leadership put their degrees to use as they assume leadership roles in schools throughout New Jersey. Of the 23 candidates who began the program in the Fall 2011, 21 have graduated from the program, yielding a 91% completion rate. READ MORE
Kathleen Holly (pictured center) – Assistant Chief Prosecutor for Somerset County and CSE alumna – was a recent guest lecturer for the doctorate candidates in Educational Leadership in Dr. Joe Ciccone's class entitled: School Law & Ethics. Holly discussed the role of law enforcement in schools in developing a safe learning environment.
Dr. Patricia Bryant graduated from CSE in 1977 with a degree in Education and returned to earn her Ed.D. in Educational Leadership in 2012. On Founders Day 2013, she was honored with the Mother Xavier Award. Read More
Commitment is a big part of life for Danielle Shanley. She balances work, family and graduate education. In choosing a college for her doctoral degree, she sought something that fit hers, and her employers' needs. Read Danielle's Story
For over a century, the College of Saint Elizabeth has been known as a leader in teacher education. Our program is intended to prepare competent, caring, responsible educators who emerge as empowered leaders in their profession. The program stays abreast of state and national certification requirements, and fulfills the expectations of regional and national accrediting bodies to offer undergraduate and graduate degrees and a wide variety of teaching certificates.
1. Includes three NJ certifications, with possibility to test into a fourth
2. Prepares teachers for 21st Century teaching and learning
3. Experienced, successful and supportive faculty with years in the classroom
1. Choice of two areas: Emphasis in Special Education; M.A. with ACT certification
2. Flexibility for various ACT certifications
3. Eligibility for teaching in NJ schools
1. Cohort-based program with a two-year timeframe; classes are offsite
2. Graduates are readied for leadership roles with students, parents and faculty
3. Includes an administrative internship experience and research project
1. Prepares educators for a role as a School Administrator
2. Cohorts work collaboratively and meet at times convenient to working professionals
3. Program is aligned with the NJ Professional Standards for School Leaders (NJPSSL)
1. Flexible schedules - ACT 1 meets in the evenings; ACT 3 on Saturdays
2. Cohort-based programs build community among students
3. Courses can count toward an M.A. in Education at CSE
1. Prepares students to teach in self-contained special education classes in all settings
2. Highly recommended by the NJ Department of Education for all educators
3. Liberal arts approach instills dignity and respect for all students
1. Prepares educators for a modern classroom
2. Includes field experience in Assistive Technology
3. Can be specialized for Assistive Technology in Special Education
1. Four course certificate on modern teaching technologies
2. Includes coursework and practical experience in online learning technology
3. Courses are both in class and online and conclude in a Capstone project
1. Provides training to fulfill the curricular mandate in NJ, NY and other states
2. Interdisciplinary - viable for social studies, language arts, music, art, and science
3. Reflects the College's mission to promote tolerance, respect, diversity and social responsibility
Our students are ready to lead in the classroom and in their field. With training in preparation, teaching and assessment through various pedagogical approaches – all underlined by a liberal arts approach – our students become teachers who can effectively teach with respect for the individual.
To best serve today's classroom, our students work closely with teaching technology and information systems, and develop valuable decision making skills.
Graduates who have completed undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs can earn a New Jersey Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing in the following areas: P-3, K-6, Teacher of Students with Disabilities, and K-12 Subject Area in Art, Biology, Chemistry, English, French (graduate level only), Mathematics, Social Studies, and Spanish.
The New Jersey State Department of Education awards permanent certification to all provisional teachers who successfully complete the state-required induction year in school districts.
With such certifications, our alumni teach in schools throughout New Jersey and the nation.
"A.C.T. 1 is very well designed to prepare you for the classroom. All up to date strategies and technologies are taught, making for a great experience."
Professor Friedlander recently presented at the Adobe Learning Summit 2013 conference in Las Vegas on the topic: Understanding Learner Intervention & Collaboration in Post-secondary Education.
Sister Teresa A. Bruno, SC, Ed.D.
Phone: (973) 290-4341
Office: Santa Maria, Room 16