The College of Saint Elizabeth's Dietetic Internship Program participates in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). The program also participates in the D&D Digital computer match process for the April match date.
Application to the MS in Nutrition is not required for the Dietetic Internship. However, if you complete the CSE Dietetic Internship, you will earn nine credits towards the MS in Nutrition! Also, part-time interns may decide to apply to complete the MS in Nutrition concurrently with the Dietetic Internship.
Three-Step Application Process:
STEP ONE: Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS)
The program is using the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org; email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2014. Applicants are responsible for any fees charged by DICAS.
General DICAS information:
- Application: Background information about you and your experiences.
- Personal Statement: Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Cover Letter: In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Why are you interested in the College of Saint Elizabeth's dietetic internship program?
- Curriculum Vita (Resume): This will be used in addition to the application to assess prior work and volunteer experiences.
- Transcripts: Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472.
Students with international degrees should contact DICAS for specific instructions.
If matched to CSE, you will be required to have a final transcript with degree noted mailed directly to the CSE Dietetic Internship Director.
- References (Recommendations): When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an email address) for each reference; three are required for our program. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students must choose which letters are sent to which internship sites.
- Verification/Intent to Complete: Discuss this with your DPD Director. It is her/his responsibility to submit this information online. If matched to the program, you must supply a Verification Statement to CSE before starting the program.
- GPA Supplemental Document: A minimum overall GPA of 3.2 is required for an interview. For those with a GPA of 3.1-3.0, a short explanation of the lower GPA should be included as a petition for interview. See our FAQ document for examples.
^ Back to the Top
STEP TWO: D&D Digital – Computer Match
- Computer Match: Applicants must also register online for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2014. Applicants are responsible for any fees for the D&D Digital. Register at www.dnddigital.com
- Match Codes:The stand-alone Dietetic Internship has two D&D Digital match codes 418 for full time and 134 for part time. The combined Masters in Nutrition/Dietetic Internship has one D&D Digital match code of 700. Please see the program description for more information. Students may apply to one or all of our options and should rank them accordingly.
^ Back to the Top
STEP THREE: College of Saint Elizabeth – Mail the following:
- CSE-DI Checklist: Please complete this form which assists us in setting up interviews. This form and the application fee must be postmarked by February 1, 2014.
- CSE-DI Application Fee A check for $50 made payable to College of Saint Elizabeth should be mailed with the checklist. The fee for re-applicants is $35.
- Mail the checklist and application fee to:
Kathleen Carozza, MA, RD
Director Dietetic Internship
Foods and Nutrition Program
College of Saint Elizabeth
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
- The deadline for postmark for the checklist and application fee is February 1, 2014.
Regardless of the strength of the application, applications cannot be considered unless all three steps are completed by the deadlines outlined!The college is not responsible for the fees charged by DICAS or D&D Digital or changes in them. It is the student’s responsibility to verify DICAS and D&D Digital instructions and costs.
Please contact the program director with questions via email at email@example.com or by phone at (973) 290-4126.
^ Back to the Top