Benvenuti, who earned her bachelor's of English and elementary education in 1963 from the College of Saint Elizabeth, is a successful freelance photographer based in Mendham, N.J. She credits the College's English department for broadening this passion for the visual arts world and exposure to the world of literature.
Read Judy's Story
The English program provides a bridge between the written word and the human experience. Our students hone their ability to read situations and people, employ critical and creative thinking, and develop clear and persuasive communications skills. Flexibility in thought and perspective is in great demand in today's world, and English majors consistently are able to adapt to careers involving complex thought and implementation.
1. Students develop a close-knit learning community taught by dedicated and accomplished faculty.
2. Specializations in English studies, literary studies and writing studies.
3. The English program regularly invites top-name poets and writers to campus. Speakers have included Gwendolyn Brooks; Poet Laureate Donald Hall; and Nobel Laureate Seamus Heaney.
4. Easy access to plays, museums, and other cultural activities in New York City.
5. English faculty frequently sponsor short-term study abroad opportunities in England, France, and Italy.
Santa Maria Hall 41
Santa Maria Hall 10C
Santa Maria Hall 10B
Chairperson and Professor
Santa Maria Hall 10A